Tibet Action Institute Digital Security Ambassador – Mundgod, India
Tibet Action Institute’s global, dynamic team of campaigners and tech experts has 10+ years experience promoting human rights through educational programs, training and cutting-edge tech development for Tibetans and other communities living under heavy repression.
Position: Digital Security Ambassadors
Tibet Action Institute is seeking to hire a Digital Security Ambassador to run the TibCERT Response Hub, a community-based digital security centre in the Mundgod Tibetan Settlement. If you love to travel, meet people, build relationships with diverse groups, and you’re passionate and knowledgeable about digital security and how to protect Tibetans’ online, this is the position for you! Your role will primarily be providing Digital Security training and support to various Tibetan organizations.
This is a contract position based in Mundgod Tibetan Settlement.
- You will be responsible for managing the TibCERT Response Hub in Mundgod including supporting 5-10 hub volunteers
- You will be responsible for providing incident response to TibCERT members and increasing the skills of the hub volunteers to provide such response
- You will also be responsible for developing and implementing digital security policies for TibCERT member organizations.
- You will be responsible for stewarding positive relationships with TibCERT member organizations and providing solutions for their digital security needs
- You will be responsible for recruiting new TibCERT members from within the exile community in Mundgod.
- You will be responsible for providing digital security training and support for communicators (Tibetans who communicate with Tibetans inside Tibet for news and information).
- You will represent Tibet Action Institute’s work with the individuals and organizations you work with.
- You will be trained in how to provide digital security training to existing and new TibCERT members
- You will be responsible for providing support and follow-up training for participants you train
Must Have to Apply:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT) or related degree or 3 years of experience working in a technology field.
- Ability to communicate, build and maintain relations with individuals and groups in the community, and with other Tibet Action team members.
- Fluency in English (spoken & written) and Tibetan (spoken)
- Passion and commitment to the Tibet movement
Great to Have:
- Written Tibetan
- Experience in conducting training
- Understanding of the digital security needs of the Tibetan exile community and how censorship and surveillance affect Tibetans in Tibet.
Compensation & Perks
This is a full time contract position from September 1, 2021 with a 3 month review period with the possibility of extension. Compensation is commensurate with experience and is competitive with other non profit organizations. Phone & laptop provided during employment.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter (mention location: Mundgod) and your resume in the body of an email (no attachments will be accepted) to [email protected] . Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Tibet Action Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Leave a Reply