Operations Administrator – India
Tibet Action Institute’s small, dynamic, global team of campaigners, technology experts and thought leaders has 20 years of experience promoting human rights for Tibetans and other communities living under heavy repression through educational programs, training and cutting-edge tech development.
You are the glue that holds together Tibet Action Institute’s programs in India. Quality and timeliness of administrative tasks are particularly key, enabling our programs and trainings to function smoothly and efficiently. You will take the burden of administrative tasks off our India-based staff as well as support our staff who regularly travel to India ensuring that more staff time and energy can go directly to our programs for Tibet.
You are obsessed about details and completing tasks on time and to the highest standard. You understand the amount of work that small errors can cause and you love following systems and procedures and making them better! You have a positive attitude and look forward to having open communication with your team members, vendors, and anyone else you’re engaging with on behalf of Tibet Action Institute.
This is a contract position based in Dharamsala, India and may require travel.
There are 4 main categories of work:
- Training coordination and logistics:
– Arranging logistics for trainings and other India-based programs including travel, lodging, venue rental, food, and participant logistics
– Setting up training space and ensuring all trainers’ needs are covered
– Taking care of budgeting, planning, payments, financial tracking and reimbursements related to trainings. Making purchases as needed
– Liaising with and supporting the Operations and Finance Associate to ensure financial compliance
- General Financial & Administrative Tasks:
– Preparing paperwork for India based contractors, ensure compliance with Tibet Action Institute’s hiring policies
– Ensuring contracts & paperwork are filed completely and accurately
– Submitting invoices and documentation for India-based contractors
– Preparing travel requisitions for India-based staff traveling internationally and for all staff traveling to India
- Operations & Program Support
– Finding vendors, arranging payments, collecting all documentation needed in accordance with Tibet Action Institute’s procurement and purchasing policies
– Printing and other program logistics
– Purchasing equipment as needed
– Making sure Tibet Action Institute is complying with its own policies and procedures and flagging any inconsistencies as they arise with the Operations and Finance Associate
- Managing Tibet Action Institute’s India office
– Managing the day to day responsibilities of the office
– Maintaining positive relationships with Tibet Action Institute’s India office vendors
– Responsible for proper maintenance of the office space
- University degree or the equivalent plus 1-2 years administrative work experience
- Self-starter who is results-oriented, efficient, attentive to detail, and delivers on time
- Enjoys problem solving and making systems efficient
- Fluency in all standard office software such as Word, Outlook, Excel
- Strong computer skills and comfortable using Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Fluency in English (spoken & written), Tibetan (spoken) and Hindi (spoken) is a requirement
- Passion and commitment to the Tibet movement
- Experience with human resources, finance, and/or accounting an asset
- Willingness to learn how to use new software and resources such as project management tools
- Strong willingness to learn about financial tasks and international transactions processes is vital as the organization works as an international team.
Compensation & Perks
This is a full time contract position from August-October 2023, extension possible pending review. Compensation is commensurate with experience and is competitive with other non profit organizations.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and your resume in the body of an email (no attachments will be accepted) to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Tibet Action Institute is an equal opportunity employer.