Human Resources Administrator – Tibet Action Institute
Tibet Action Institute combines secure digital communication tools with creative nonviolent activism to advance human rights for people living under heavy repression. Using our experience as innovators, campaigners, and facilitators, we support those in need – especially Tibetans and other communities in Asia facing severe human rights violations – through education programs, training and technology development.
Position title – Human Resources Administrator
Tibet Action’s staff is the key to our success. We strive to make sure each team member is supported and appreciated and can grow and thrive in their roles to achieve great results in their work for Tibet. The Human Resource Administrator is key to making this possible by ensuring staff understand and can access the benefits we offer; are successfully using the policies and systems that allow our remote workplace to run smoothly and efficiently; have access to professional development; and are 100% compliant with relevant laws and standards.
This job is for you if you’re someone who loves spreadsheets, problem-solving and thinking about how policies and systems can better support a talented but busy team of innovative change makers. The day-to-day tasks for this position include generating contracts, researching and putting together benefit packages, researching and designing human resource policies, and supporting staff with the administrative duties they are required to complete.
This is a part-time contract position (average 15-20hrs per week).
- Human resources experience (2 years minimum), ideally in a U.S. based nonprofit setting
- Working knowledge of labor law and compensation with enthusiasm to learn
- Can efficiently use spreadsheets and Google Drive apps, excited to use your knowledge of excel to improve systems
- Can meet deadlines and manage various streams of work independently from start to finish
- Pays careful attention to detail
- Excited to work in a team culture that values feedback, reflection, improvement and involves supporting a diverse team based around the world.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and location and is competitive with other nonprofit organizations.
We are a virtual organization that operates online so you can be based almost anywhere as long as you have a reliable high-speed internet connection.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and your resume in the body of an email (no attachments will be accepted) to email@example.com. Email subject line should be: Tibet Action Institute HR Administrator YOUR NAME. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Prepare new contracts for staff and contractors and extend and update existing ones when necessary
- Coordinate human resource focused onboarding and offboarding logistics and trainings for employees and contractors
- Track vacation balances for staff members
- Support recruitment and hiring processes by posting job openings, monitoring applications
- Research different performance management processes and tracking systems
- Support staff in following through on their professional development plans
- Organize remote gatherings for staff/contractors and oversee logistics for in-person and remote staff retreats
- Administer and serve as point of contact regarding staff benefits package, both internally with staff and externally with benefit providers
- Strive to ensure the organization’s benefits offerings meet the needs of the evolving, inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce and organization, including educating employees on benefits options and utilization, identifying opportunities for benefits enhancements, and ensuring benefits providers have all current information on staff enrollment and needs.
- Ensure policies and operations are in compliance with applicable labor laws and regulations in current states and countries and potential future states and countries by implementing annual compliance review and researching processes
- Update and maintain personnel records
- Ensure staff changes are reflected accurately to allow for error-free payroll; track that staff evaluations are being conducted and recorded
- Administer and manage staff time tracking systems and support contractor time tracking systems when necessary
- Maintain documentation of hiring processes
- Exert care and control over organization records and follow procedures for safeguarding data
- Support additional operations projects, research, and processes as requested and available