Tibet Action Institute
Digital Security Ambassador – Dharamsala, India
Tibet Action Institute’s global, dynamic team of campaigners and tech experts has 10+ years experience promoting human rights through educational programs, trainings and cutting-edge tech development for Tibetans and other communities living under heavy repression.
Position: Digital Security Ambassadors
Tibet Action Institute is seeking to hire a Digital Security Ambassadors to implement Tibet Action’s Digital Security Programs in the Tibetan exile community. If you love to travel, meet people, build relationships with diverse groups, and you’re passionate about digital security and how to protect Tibetans’ online this is the position for you! You will be providing Digital Security trainings and providing support to various Tibetan organizations as part of your role. You will be working from the Dharamsala office with a team of Tibetans working on improving Digital Security in the Tibetan Exile community.
This is a contract position based in Dharamsala.
- You will represent Tibet Action Institute’s work in the places you visit and work in.
- You will be responsible for providing digital security trainings and participate as a trainer in training at Tibet Action’s digital security trainings.
- You will be responsible for providing support and follow-up training for participants.
- You will be responsible for stewarding positive relationships with trainees and organizations.
- You will be responsible for providing support for communicators(Tibetans who communicate with Tibetans inside Tibet for news and information) and organizations on the ground. You will be working with different Tibetan organizations and providing solutions for their digital security needs.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology(IT)/relevant degree is a plus. However, we encourage others who are passionate about Digital Security and want to contribute to the community to apply as well.
- Ideally someone who is a strong communicator and is able to build and maintain relations with various stakeholders.
- Fluency in English (spoken & written) and Tibetan (spoken) is a requirement
- Passion and commitment to the Tibet movement
- Willingness to learn
- Experience in conducting training is a plus
- Ideally knowledgeable and experienced in the digital security needs of the Tibetan diaspora community and specifically your community
Compensation & Perks
This is a full time contract position from Feb, 2020 – June, 2020 with the possibility of extension. Compensation is commensurate with experience and is competitive with other non profit organizations. Phone & laptop provided during employment.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and your resume in the body of an email (no attachments will be accepted) to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Tibet Action Institute is an equal opportunity employer.